Roysambu is a constituency in Kenya. It is one of seventeen constituencies in Nairobi County. It was created prior to the 2013 general election, when Kasarani Constituency was divided into three constituencies: Kasarani, Roysambu and Ruaraka. It is located near Kasarani, home for the International Sport centre which has a swimming pool open to the public and a hotel.
It borders Mathare Constituency to the south and south east, Ruaraka and Kasarani constituencies to the east, Ruiru constituency to the north and northeast, Kiambu constituency to the northwest and Westlands constituency to the west.It contains neighbourhoods such as Garden Estate, Thome, Balozi, Zimmerman, Kahawa West and part of Githurai. Kenyatta University, United States International University, National Youth Service headquarters, General Service Unit headquarters are also found here.
Roysambu is a residential area located along the Thika Road, approximately 11kms Northeast of Nairobi CBD. It got its name during the colonial times when the estate was referred to as The Royal Suburbs but eventually morphed into Roy-Sabu and finally got the name Roysambu.
Roysambu area map [Photo: Google maps]
Education Facilities in Roysambu
Roysambu is home to some of the best-performing schools in Nairobi. There are all sorts of schools here. From low class, middle class to high-end, you will find all of them here. The main education facilities in Roysambu area include:
• Lesedi School • Kenya Community Centre for Learning • Nairobi Elite Academy • Mirema school • The Royal International Academy • Thika Road Christian high School • Pan Africa Christian University • United States International University • Bible College of East Africa • Jewel Professional College
1. Mirema School
Mirema School is a private primary and nursery school offering 2-6-6-3/ 8-4-4 curriculum, special needs and international British Curriculum. The school is located along Mirema Drive, off Thika Superhighway.
Mirema School [Photo: Facebook @Miremaschool]
2. Bible College of East Africa
Bible College of East Africa offers learners great opportunities to learn and grow knowing the Bible.
Bible college of East Africa [Photo: Facebook @BCEAKE]
You can access any medical service at any time and any day while in Roysambu from the following top-notch private and public infirmaries
• Crane Hospital • Jesse Kay Children’s Hospital • AAR healthcare • Aga Khan University Hospital • Lifebridge Clinic • Cinen Medical Hospital, Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital • Thika Road Health Centre, and The Winstar Medical Centre
1. Jesse Kay Children’s Hospital
Jesse Kay Children’s Hospital provides health care services to people in Roysambu more so to children. The hospital is located along Lumumba Road next to Happy Life Children’s Home.
Jesse Kay Children’s Hospital [Photo: Facebook @Jessekayhospital]
Jesse Kay Children’s Hospital reception [Photo: Facebook @Jessykayhospital]
2. AAR Healthcare Roysambu Clinic
AAR Healthcare Roysambu Clinic is situated on Royal Plaza Building 1st Floor, off Kamiti Road. The hospital offers quality and affordable health care services to their clients.
AAR Healthcare Roysambu Clinic [Photo: Google maps]
Where to shop in Roysambu
The famous shopping centre in the area include: • Thika Road Mall, • Naivas • Mountain Mall • Quickmart • Denitah Grocery • Homemart Supermarket • Soft Mart Supermarket • Roysambu market • Roymatt Supermarket • Trident Supermarket.
1. Quickmart Supermarket
Quickmart Supermarket is located along Kamiti Road, off Thika Road. The supermarket has a bakery, butchery, and retails fruits, vegetables, electronic, household items, furniture and cereals.
Quickmart Supermarket [Photo: Google maps]
Inside Quickmart Supermarket [Photo: Google maps]
2. Thika Road Mall
Thika Road Mall has over 100 outlets featuring the best of Kenya’s entertainment, banking, shopping, and eating place. The mall is situated off Thika Superhighway.
Thika Road Mall [Photo: bing.com/images]
Clubs, Hotels and Recreational Facilities
It is important for all of us to have a place to go and be active. That is why Roysambu, just like any other residential area, has recreational spots. The notable ones include:
• Mirema Hotel & Service Apartments • East of Eden • Cocorico Bar & Restaurant • Attic Lounge • Rosa Maria Gardens • Charm Lounge • Club Afrique • Mymaz Lounge • Club Teras • Mephis Bar and Restaurant
1. Attic Lounge
Attic Lounge is located in Roysambu Mirema Drive. It is a nice place to visit with friends or alone to party or enjoy food, and drinks offered.
Food and drinks served at Attic Lounge [Photo: Facebook @theatticloungemirema]
Attic Lounge [Photo: Facebook @theatticloungemirema]
2.Mephis Bar and Restaurant
Mephis Bar and Restaurant is located along USIU Road.
Mephis Bar and Restaurant [Photo: Google maps]
Just like any other town in Kenya, Roysambu is the home to numerous banks. These banks help residents access financial services with ease. Banks and Sacco’s in the area include:
• Shiks Banking Services • Chase bank • NCBA, family bank and cooperative bank atm (TRM) • Mofaa Sacoo Limited • Utajiri Africa Financial Services • Maroo Financial Services
Where to go to church
The area has a number of religious centres. Nearly every street corner has a church. The notable places where you can go to worship while in Roysambu include the following: • Thika Road Baptist Church • KAG • Winning Faith Church • Jesus Winner Ministry • Pefa Church • Baptist Mission of Kenya • Roysambu SDA Church • Catholic Church and CITAM
1. Thika Road Baptist Church
Thika Road Baptist Church is located along Thika Road in Roysambu.
Thika Road Baptist Church [Photo: Google maps]
2. Winning Faith church
Winning Faith church is situated along Kamiti Road next to Mirema Drive.
Winning Faith church [Photo: Google maps]
Where to get you hair and nails done
You can have your haircut or hair done in any of the following major beauty and barbershops in Roysambu:
• Merrish salon & beauty parlour • Stylez Hair Salon & Cosmetics • Nails Haven & Spa • Abis Salon & cosmetics • Beauty Zone Salon & Barber • Lucky Star Executive Barbershop • Zamy Barbershop & Spa • J-Styles Barber Cuts
1. Merrish salon & beauty parlour
Merrish salon & beauty parlour is located at Jewell Complex next to TRM. The salon offers affordable and quality hair and nail services to their customers.
Merrish salon & beauty parlour [Photo: Google maps]
2. Lucky Star Executive Barbershop
Lucky Star Executive Barbershop is situated at Superview House, next to Thika Road Mall.
Lucky Star Executive Barbershop [Photo: Google maps]
From Nairobi, you can board different kinds of matatus such as Githurai 45 matatus, or Rukagina Sacco. Roysambu is accessible via Thika Road and the price ranges from 20 to 80 depending on the time of the day. One will board a matatu at Kenya Bus Station or at Ronald Ngala Street stage.
Current MP Roysambu Hon. Isaac Ndirangu Waihenya.
Current MP Roysambu Hon. Isaac Ndiragu Waihenya [Photo: Facebook @ Hon Waihenya Ndirangu]
Gas and petrol stations
You can fuel your vehicle in the following petrol stations:
• Shell, Mirema Petrol Station • Zimmerman Petrol Station • Hunkar Gas Retail Outlet
1. Shell Petrol Station
Shell Petrol Station is situated along the Kamiti Road.
Real Estate Companies and Agencies
The following Real Estate Agencies and companies operate within Roysambu:
• Wealthlink Realtors • Shark Villas Estates • Amadi Homes • Riziki Properties • Dreamville Properties • Waroma Investments • Itrade Company Ltd
Waroma Investments is located at Unique House, Lumumba Drive of Kamiti Road.
Waroma Investment [Photo: Google maps]
Pros of living in Roysambu
- Closeness to social amenities such as Thika Road Mall, Hospitals, Churches, Mountain Mall and Schools.
- Majorly secure being close to Police headquarters at Kasarani.
- Roysambu is not far from Nairobi CBD.
Affordable housing units.
Roysambu is the best suburb to live in if you are working in Nairobi and its environs. Houses here are relatively cheaper and spacious than other suburbs in Nairobi County.
Are you planning to move to Roysambu Neighbourhood? If so, then we can simplify help you with your house hunt journey. We are the most trusted house search company in the country, with a crazy turn-around time of just 24 hours!
Tap on the “Get Started” button below for more information.