Eastleigh Neighborhood watch, Property guide, houses for rent, social amenities and much more.
Eastleigh is located east of the Nairobi CBD. It is mostly inhabited by the Somalians and is mostly known for commercial activities. Above is a map of the area:
Education facilities in Eastlleigh
- Maina Wajingi High School Maina Wajingi High School is a girls’ public secondary school.
The school is well known due to its great performance in extra-curricular activities such as soccer, volleyball, and music.
- Kenya Christian Training Institute Kenya Christian Training Institute is non-governmental organization that provides young people with high quality technical skills with the lowest possible cost.
Courses offered; Diploma in Electrics Engineering, Certificate in Sport Administration and Management, Certificate in Software Engineering and Diploma in Information Technology among others.
Other Education Institutions include: • Kiboro Primary School • Zawadi Primary School • Wamy High School • Pumwani Girls Secondary School • Ainsworth Primary School • St Teresas Boys • Mary Happy Primary School • Eastleigh High School • Atlas College of Professional Studies • Shalome College
Health Facilities in Eastleigh:
• Madina Hospital- Offers Paediatric, Orthopaedic, Neurologist clinic, X-ray Services, Inpatient, Outpatient, Maternity, Laboratory, Pharmacy, and Physiotherapy Services among others.
• Pumwani Maternity Hospital- A referral and obstetric hospital, with a bed capacity of 354, 3 Theatres, High Dependency unit, and 144 baby cots.
• Mediheal Hospital- A health care facility offering quality and affordable services backed by the latest technology to its clients. It has Operating Theatres, Maternity Wards, Casualty Unit, Intensive Care Unit, High Dependency Unit, and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
• Anka Hospital • Nairobi East Hospital • Mediheal Hospital • Edris Premier Hospital • Makkah Hospital • Aga Khan Hospital • Ladnan Hospital
Where to shop in Eastleigh
Moving to a place where the shopping centres are nearby should be one of the key factors one should consider before relocating. The following are place to shop in Eastleigh:
Eastleigh Mall Eastleigh Mall is situated along General Wairunge Street, Eastleigh. Clothing, travel services, cyber services, electronics, supermarket are all available under one roof. It has also a mosque to go pray.
Madina Mall Madina Mall is situated along General Wairunge Street, Eastleigh.
It is wonderful shopping mall, with a medical clinic, restaurant called Bushra, jewellery, electronics and clothes shops.
Other shopping places in Eastleigh are: Amal Shopping Centre, Olympic Shopping Centre, Tansim Shopping Mall, Eastmatt Supermarket, Tuskys Supermarket, Safamart Supermarket, and Joster Supermarket. Recreational Facilities, Hotels, Restaurants, and Clubs ‘Work without play makes Jack a dull boy,’ that is why it important to create time for recreational activities such as hiking, swimming, parting, and gaming among others.
The following are hotels, clubs and restaurant in Eastleigh:
Ismarriot Palace hotel, Sakina Hotel & Restaurant, Urban Point Hotel, Grand Royal Hotel, Istanbul Lodge & Restaurant, Taj Sultan, Hashkies Restaurant, Alas&co. Restaurant, Nomad Palace Hotel, Air Force Golf Club, Klub One N One, and Casanova Inn.
Kilimanjaro Food Court Kilimanjaro Food Court is one of the best restaurants to have a fine dining with family and friends.
Nomad Palace Hotel Nomad Palace Hotel is a 3-star hotel that serves Western cuisine and Kenyan dishes.
It is situated 400m from Pumwani Maternity Hospital.
- Sakina Hotel & Restaurant
Sakina Hotel & Restaurant is 4-star hotel located along General Waruinge Street.
Industries and companies in Eastleigh
Companies and industries in Eastleigh that create job opportunities include: Leafty Beauty Limited and Veneer Industries Limited.
- Leafty Beauty Limited Leafty Beauty Limited is a manufacture of organic haircare, and skincare products.
Where to go to worship in Eastleigh
Eastleigh has many worship places and it does not matter either you are Christian, Hindu or Muslim, you will find a place to be spiritually nourished.
- Deliverance Church Deliverance Church is situated along Sergeant Kahande Street.
- Eastleigh Mosque Eastleigh Mosque is situated along Ole Sinoni Road.
Other worship places in Eastleigh: • SDA Church • Catholic Church • Word Temple Church • Emmanuel Church • Eastleigh Lutheran Parish • Church of Christ • Nairobi Mennonite Church and many more.
Where to get my hair and nails done in Eastleigh
• Hair Tech Classic Kinyozi • Abdi Kinyozi • V.I.P Barber shop • Times Kinyozi • Diamond Beauty Salon • Silver Salon • Fozia Beauty Salon • Dekha Hair Salon • Telvins Hair Salon • Diamond Beauty Salon- Is situated in Diamond Plaza, opposite Kilimanjaro Lodge.
Financial institutions in Eastleigh
Eastleigh has several banks: Equity bank, Postbank, National Bank, First Community Bank, KCB, Standard Chartered Bank, Barclays Bank, Chase Bank, Absa, and Co-operative Bank.
Eastleigh Leadership status:
MCA Eastleigh North is Hon. Osman Adow Ibrahim.
Hon. Patrick Kanyangi Logedi for Eastleigh South.
Security watch in Eastleigh
Some of the Police station in and around this are include; • Pumwani Police Post • Pangani Police Station • Mathare Police Station
Petrol and gas stations in Eastleigh
Gas and petrol station to refill your gas cookers, and fuel your car or truck, include:
• Engen Petrol Station • Ghulam Auto Diesel • National Oil • Amaan Gas Point • Sigiman Petrol Station • Bismilah Filling Station • Maendeleo Petrol Station • Shell Petrol Station- Is situated along the second avenue, Eastleigh.
Transport system and how to get to Eastleigh
Matatu number 6 and 9 from the CBD, and Matatu number 17 and 28 from Gikomba will take you to Eastleigh. You may be asking your friends how to get to Eastleigh. Some of the bus stops in Eastleigh: • Eastleigh Terminals • Section 3 bus stop • Moyale Raha Bus Stop • Dalsan Bus Services
Real estate companies and property agencies in Eastleigh
• Rene Property Management • Bidii Housing Agency • Al Yaqin Properties • Nairobi Real Estates Limited • Suburbs Real Estates Ltd • Excella Realty • Los Abrigos Homes
Average property prices and rental rates in Eastleigh
|Property Description||Amount (KES)|
|Average Rent 1 bedroom Apartments||12000|
|Average Rent 2 bedroom Apartments||20000|
|Average Rent 3 bedroom house||30000|
|Average Price -1/8 Acre plot||50000000|